Wednesday, September 26, 2007

MAKING FRIENDS

I always told myself I wouldn't be one of those moms who become obsessed about controlling my child's social life, especially since my girls are only 4 and 2. But I think I'm doing it. It's week two of full-day school, and I am becoming worried about my little one making friends. I, like all parents, want my daughter to make friends, be liked ( not necessarily popular, but liked, ya know), and generally be happy at school.

Soooooooooooooooooo, when my daughter came home saying... "E didn't want to play with me, she doesn't want to be my friend!" My heart ached. I immediately started to hatch a plan in my mind to make sure her social life flourished.

But the thing that I quickly realized is that I think I'm the only one who really thinks this is a problem. I mean my daughter doesn't appear to be traumatized by this. It just seems to have rolled off her back.

I think I need to use my daughter as my example...and learn by watching in her.

But, I have not totally abandoned my plan...it will remain on the back burner, always at the ready. Mom to the rescue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment