Wednesday, February 13, 2008

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THAT FREE TIME?

I got thinking about this the other day when I was considering article topics for some magazine pitches. Before my husband and I had kids, we seemed to have so much time on our hands. I am actually not sure what we did with it all. If only I could have it all back.

My husband agrees with me on this one. ( I know I said it, he agreed with me, openly. Ha Ha) It seemed that we had so much time and yet we never did anything really exciting. We didn't go on any exotic trips, we didn't do any major renovations, nothing exciting. I remember going to dinner and movies a lot. I remember just hanging out A LOT. But what is that? Couldn't we have used our time more wisely?

If only I could have that time back. Now a days it seems, with two full time jobs, mom and news editor, and two kids and a husband, there just isn't enough hours in the day. I remember hearing that from parents before I had kids and I remember thinking they were just exaggerating or just not organized enough. Now that I am a working parent, I find myself saying the same thing. And, as all you other overworked parents out there know, it is no exaggeration. THERE JUST ISN'T ENOUGH TIME IN THE DAY.

I say again, where did all that free time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment