Monday, September 22, 2008

SPOTS

My little "M" said the cutest thing to me the other day.

First, something you should know, I have freckles. Lots of freckles and they are literally everywhere.

I was about to get into the shower the other day and "M" said to me, "Mom, are you washing off your spots?" I laughed. I had to explain to her that my spots don't come off.

It got me thinking though. I spent so many years growing up hating my freckles. It's hard to be different as a child. I did everything I could think of to cover them up. Now I am glad I have freckles. They do make me different and they keep me looking young-ish, even when I feel really old.

I realize how important it is to teach children to embrace themselves as they are and what makes them different. I hope I can teach my girls to love themselves as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment