Thursday, February 10, 2011

February - Where is my motivation?

Well, so I said hello to February nine days ago with a plan to write articles, blog posts and just generally staying on track. A great plan but in the past 9 days my motivation has slipped. Not sure where it all went.

It must be this winter weather and the post vacation blahs. I feel like I just want to stay in bed and sleep all day long. Most of you know that I work late night hours and don't get home from the newsroom until around 1 a.m. and that makes for a tired Mommy in the morning when I am getting the kids ready for the day. It does seem to accumulate as the week goes by and so by the end of the week I am pretty tired. But this week I started off the week tired. Monday was a blah day and it has continued that way for the rest of the week. I think I need a winter weather intervention.

Monday is Valentines Day and I am hoping to celebrate with my family this weekend. Maybe a little family fun time will knock me out of this funk. It is the theme of this months challenges of improving relationships.

What do you do to kick the winter blues? How will you celebrate Valentines Day?

2 comments:

  1. Oh god, I SO hear you re: the winter blahs. They....suck! My motivation to do anything at all (even fun things) is at an all time low. The cure? Sleep and a little sunshine. Bring on Spring and some catch up zzzzzz's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need Spring... I think that could cure the blahs for sure. Thanks for the comment Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment