Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Power of Mom Bloggers

I have been blogging for a few years. At first it was a great way to express myself, to improve my writing and share my thoughts with who ever would read them. And at first that wasn't very many people. As I continued to blog for myself I also began to read other blogs. There is a great community of bloggers out there, and I discovered a great many Mom bloggers. Women who were sharing the same things that I was experiencing every day as a Mom.

Moms are always willing to share their knowledge, their experiences, their loves, their joys and even their failures and their heartache. It is through sharing those experiences that were are able to learn, grow and better our lives. And that is the best part of blogging because it is an easy and accessible way to share those experiences. And it is timeless. So when I am up in the middle of the night sitting with a sick child on the couch, or up with a sleepless 7 year old  I can always turn on my computer and connect with other Mothers who might have experienced the exact same thing and learn how they coped with a sick baby or a sleepless toddler or Mommy insomnia. There is an entire community out there and you never have to leave the comfort of your house.

Good health is about having the knowledge to live well, in mind, body and spirit. Mom Bloggers do that for each other.  I can read about a great book, a great store, the best way to quiet a crying baby, great tips and tricks to help my picky eater eat dinner, great recipes, the perfect rainy day craft, advice to organize and de-clutter my house, the best way to get in shape,  healthy after school snacks, the best way for my sick child to feel better, and the latest recalls.... all from Mom bloggers.

I have learned a lot from other Mom bloggers. My life has been made richer by joining these women in sharing the experiences of our lives. I have made friends, gained a greater understanding of myself and what it means to be a wife, mother, friend and woman all from blogging and reading other blogs.  There is something special about being part of a community...we are not alone in our experiences, we are connected, and just knowing that is a pretty special thing.

Who knows where Mom bloggers and blogging will go from here. There is still so much to learn and so much to share with each other. So much more to enrich our lives, mind, body and spirit.

You can also find my ramblings on twitter - @imfreckles


========================================================================

This post was written as part of the Ddrops contest for sponsorship to  BlissdomCanada 2011

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for entering the Ddrops Bliss contest Christy. As you say, health is not just about the body, but the mind as well, and there is nothing like connecting with others who are similar experiences to help us keep a healthy mind and spirit. Good luck in the contest.

    Nat on behalf of the Ddrops team

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment