Friday, July 1, 2011

CANADA DAY! Get BBQ'ing

 So another Canadian long weekend - Happy Canada Day - and another reason to light up the BBQ. 

This time around I am planning to step away from the unusual hamburger and hot dogs and pop on some chicken on the barby. The plan is to do something with some boneless chicken, maybe some BBQ sauce or a nice light lemon and herb marinade. I have some avocados that really need to be used up. Add some tomatoes, lettuce and some mayo, or some garlic mayo on some toasted Wonder + Simply Free hot dog buns. 




I am also thinking about maybe brushing the buns with a little olive oil and garlic... hmmm... might be too much?  Oh, add a nice Caesar salad and some cold lemonade ( maybe with a little Vodka for the adults) and I would say that lunch is served. (pictures to come when the feast is completed)

I am trying to be a bit more creative this time around. Think I can impress the family? I am hoping to impress the pickiest eaters in the bunch, the kids. Kids can be hard to please, especially when you venture away from the standard fare of hamburger and hot dogs but I think I might have a winner with chicken and avocados

There is no shortage of recipes at    Canadian Living  featuring WONDER+ SimplyFree hamburger and hot dog buns
WONDER+ SimplyFree is the 1st Canadian National branded line of hamburger & hot dog buns FREE OF artificial preservatives, artificial flavours and artificial colours. They are also made with NO high fructose corn syrup, and like all products from WONDER, made with unbleached wheat flour.



Disclosure – I am participating in the WONDER+ SimplyFree program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of Weston Bakeries.  I received a gift card, BBQ kit and free product coupons as a thank you for my participation.  The opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment