Friday, March 21, 2008

EASTER WEEKEND

The girls and I went to an Easter egg hunt at one of our local garden centres. It was a lot of fun and made me think about how quickly time flies. This year both my girls are old enough to hunt for their own eggs and don't need good old Mom to help. This picture is from Easter two years ago.  

But while we are talking about the egg hunt, I should tell you one of my pet peeves about these kinds of events.  What is with the greediness? Why do some parents let their kids take more chocolate eggs than any child really needs or could eat? There  was some kids filling baskets with what looked like a years worth of chocolate. First, I don't want my kids having that much chocolate. It isn't good for them and it really isn't good for me to have that much in the house 
 (Mom and Dad always end up eating more than their share). Second, what happened to teaching your kids about sharing, only taking your fair share, and showing a little restraint? Am I being too judgemental here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment