Thursday, March 27, 2008

SICK. OH SO SICK!

So I had a lovely Easter long weekend. I was off work from Thursday right through to Sunday. Did lots of fun stuff with the family. But it all came to a screeching halt at about 5:30 am Monday morning with steady waves of nausea. Oh NO!. The dreaded stomach flu ( OK, so I know that's not the technical, medical term for it but you get the point.) Sorry to be graphic here, but the waves of vomiting hit me hard. I knew it wasn't long before the kids would get up and they didn't disappoint. Little "M & M" got up at about 6:30. She was very concerned for me. She would not leave my side, despite urging from DAD saying, "Mom isn't feeling well, maybe we should leave her alone." Now that's an understatement.

In a matter of hours, the vomiting stopped but the nausea didn't. So naturally I skipped breakfast and my usual, and very necessary morning coffee. And that didn't go unnoticed by my oldest girl, "Special K". While she was on the toilet ( because we all know that some of the best conversations happen in the bathroom!), she said, " Mom, why didn't you eat breakfast?"

I said, " Well, my tummy is upset and the smell of food is making me sick today." "Special K"; "Well Mom, you should really eat something. It's not good to not eat. You know what makes me feel better is chicken noodle soup. You should have some chicken noodle soup. It will make you feel."

The wisdom of children never ceases to amazing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment