Monday, June 29, 2009

HEY LOOK AT MY FEET

We have a little soccer dynamo in our house. K is playing soccer again this year. I say that loosely because last year was like pulling teeth every game, more for my hubbie than for me. My husband took her to soccer nights every week and it was just painful. This year is a different story. She loves it and she's good at it too. She looks the part this year, all the way down to her toes. I discovered a NEAT product for your budding athlete, called CLEATSKINS.


They go over my daughter's soccer shoes, protecting her cleats and also protecting my floors. They come in cool colours. I got my daughter a pair of pink camo CLEATSKINS.



The other cool thing is she is ahead of the curve, no one else has a pair on her team and she is the envy of many of the kids and parents.

We have had many questions about where we got them. We love our pair, they are easy to get on and easy to get off. They just slip on and off. We can pull them off fast so K can get on the field and get playing.



The great thing about the product is that is comes in many colours and it isn't just for kids. It actually comes in adult sizes for many sports, like golf, baseball and football.
I think the story of Cleatskins is inspiring. The product was created by parents of three very active children. Rick Kay, a former college athlete, with his wife Marianne, were inspired to come up with Cleatskins out of necessity. After replacing yet another pair of expensive cleats for his eldest son, Rick was inspired to find a way to make cleats last longer. He and his wife experimented with a lot of things, including store bought sandals and rubber shower caps. With prototype in-hand, the two enlisted the talents of footwear experts Chris Walsh of CW Resources, Inc. and Erik Purdom of Erik Purdom Design to refine and perfect their innovation.
Cleatskins are crafted from state-of-the-art materials, the innovative SKINTEK™ rubber shell fits effortlessly over cleats to take them to the streets, so busy athletes can move on and off the field faster. And so Cleatskins were born.

I think this is going to be a great soccer season. K is turning into quiet the pro. She has scored at least 3 goals in every game so far.I think she has found her game. It is fantastic that she has found a summer sport that she likes, it's great exercise and a great way to meet new friends.




What do you do to keep your kids active?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment