Friday, July 17, 2009

MEMORIES

So I am sitting here thinking about how time flies. The years just seem to melt away, no matter how hard we try to keep them solid, and firmly in our hands.

Tomorrow my baby turns 4. That's right 4! I can't believe it. My husband and I often joke with our kids, telling them to stop growing, that they aren't allowed to grow up. We are partly joking, but a little part of my heart -- OK, a big part of my heart -- is speaking a deep truth. All I want to do is keep my babies wrapped in my arms, safe from the world and close to my heart. As every parent knows it just isn't possible nor would we really want it to happen. Seeing my girls grow up, while it hurts my heart, warms my heart at the same time, and gives me a feeling of great pride.

I remember the day both my babies were born. When "M" was born almost 4 years ago I couldn't wait to get home to introduce her to her big sister "K". And now so many years later they are the best of friends.

Tomorrow we will have a family party for "M". A party she is now calling her dinner party!

What are your memories of your children growing up? Would love to hear some of your stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment