Wednesday, March 24, 2010

WRITE A REVIEW WEDNESDAY

This is my first Write a Review Wednesday post. I love the idea of it. I have written a few reviews in the past. Tonight I want to mention two books, one is a family favourite and the other is one that I just picked up today.


I first read Charles Fuge's book Sometimes I Like to Curl up in a Ball when my first daughter was an infant. I read it to her often and as she got a little older we would play out the pages of the story. If you don't know the story I will tell you a little about it. It tells the tale of little wombat. He spends the day doing all his favourite things, spending the day with his friends. At the end of the day all he really wants is the love and comfort of his Mom and his home.

For me this book is familiar. It brings me back to those early days when I was a new Mom and everything was fresh and new. There are a lot of emotions tied up in the pages of this book. I remember the hearty giggle of my little girl when we both stuck out our tongue ( read the book with your little one and you will know exactly what I am talking about).

The illustrations are bright and full of life. I love them. And let's face it, since Mom's and Dad's are buying a lot of the childrens' books out there I think the art of a book is essential. It is a sweet book that we have loved for nearly seven years and we still pull it out often to read it together. It is worth adding it to your at home bedtime book library.

The other book I wanted to mention is one that I received from Penguin Canada called The One Week Job Project by Sean Aiken. It started out an idea, then it was ( and still is) a website,  http://www.oneweekjob.com/  

I just started the book but I am intrigued. The idea of the book is this...Sean Aiken embarked on a 52 week journey in search of the one job that his is passionate about, one seven day job at a time. I hope to finish the book soon to let you know how it all turns out. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment