Monday, August 9, 2010

Another Monday

It's Monday. And I am tired. It is the start of another work week and feeling as tired as I am right now it could be a long week. I wonder why it is after a weekend I feel less rested then when I started. More and more weekends are about working and cleaning and buzzing around town with kids. Saturday and Sunday are probably two days that are the busiest of the entire week.

I work evenings during the week and so often miss out on a lot of things with the kids. I try to do as much as I can with the girls but I often run out of time and must head to work. So when the weekend comes there is cleaning to do, shopping to get done, meals to cook, laundry to wash, rooms to tidy, dishes to wash, kids play dates to arrange and family time to squeeze in somewhere. By Sunday night I am exhausted and it's time for bed and then the week starts all over again.

I often wonder why I try to do too much. I think deep down I am trying to make up for the lost time with my girls. I try to spend as much time with them as I can, while still getting all the housework and other chores done too. It is all part of that Mom Guilt thing that I think all Mothers deal with( secretly or not so secretly) I try not to let it get to me but that is often easier said than done. Working is just part of life. I believe that I am teaching my girls that girls can do great work, love what they do and be a strong part of a household....but I am missing out on a lot of things. I, like a lot of people, struggle with balance. It is work. I have to keep reminding myself of what is important and not to stress about the small stuff. Time with friends and family is more important sometimes than the dirty dishes in the sink. It is all about mind, body, spirit and making sure that you are nourishing all parts of yourself. It is work for sure. It is a struggle but if you don't take care of yourself you will be no good to the people who you love the most and who love you....I am learning to do that a little bit every day.


What do you do to nourish your mind, body and spirit? I love to hear your stories and learn a few tips along the way. Here's to Monday! And to nourishing myself so I have enough energy and strength to make it to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment