Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Make a Pledge with Energizer - Good Thoughts, Good Deeds

I truly believe that we all have the power to make change. One person, one kind act at a time can make this world a better place. It may sound a little bit cheesy but I do believe it is true. We all can do things in our daily lives that can make things better for others. All those small deeds can really add up over time. That is why I am so excited to join Energizer Canada, Evergreen and Mom Central with "Do Something Little, Help Something Big" initiative.  The idea is to  ‘Make a Pledge with Energizer” and share  Five Kind Acts that I pledged and why.


Here are 5 things I like to do to send positive energy out to the world


1. I make sure I smile when I walk past people on the street, in the mall, in the line at the coffee shop, on my way to work. Sometimes a smile is all someone else needs to brighten their day. It is all about positive energy.


2. I donate my time at my children's school. I don't always have a lot of time to spare but I give what I can. Right now I am helping the school run a program called the Kilometer Club. It is a program run by parents but supported by the school and the parent council and we encourage kids to come out on their lunch break to run or walk a track to stay active. We log the kilometers traveled to see how far the kids get! It is a small price for me to pay to help out, give back, and teach children to stay positive and active. 


3. I also donate old clothes. It is really important to give to others in any way you can. This is a win-win for me. I get to clear out some space in my family's closets and I also get to support local charities.


4. I make sure that I also give to the food banks. We always give when that brown paper bag comes around at every holiday. Holiday food drives are important but it is also important to give all year round. People aren't only hungry at the holiday's. So we try to give occassionally throughout the year at our local grocery store. Every little bit helps, even one can of soup.


5. Finally, I love my children and my family. I give love and get love. I teach my children to be loving, caring and generous people. When I say generous I want them to not only be generous with their money but also their time. I want my children to grow up to be loving, caring, compassionate people and that starts with me!  That means caring about people, places, plants, pets and all living things. I truly believe that we create a loving and livable society by teaching our children. ... kids are the key.





Have something you want to add to the discussion? Feel like you need to add you won list of positive acts? Check out the  Now That’s Positive Energy website. Your ideas could inspire others to join the movement.

Before I go I wanted to make sure to include a few important details about this initiative 

“Do Something Little, Help Something Big” initiative:

·       Both Energizer Canada and Evergreen are working together on their “Do Something Little, Help Something Big” initiative in which Energizer is proud tocontribute $100,000 to Evergreen to make cities more liveable.
·       For each pledge, Energizer will donate an additional $1 to Evergreen. 
·       Evergreen is a not-for-profit organization that is committed to making Canadian cities greater and more liveable… creating a more sustainable future for all of us.
·       For more information, feel free to visit http://bit.ly/qrnCEI










“Disclosure – I am participating in the Energizer Canada & Evergreen “Do Something Little, Help Something Big” program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of Energizer Canada & Evergreen. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.”






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment