Thursday, January 20, 2011

Things To Do Thursday

So I have gotten back to writing myself to do lists. I have managed to knock off a bunch of stuff from this weeks to do lists so far BUT  today I failed on that task. For a good reason mind you. As many of you know I work late nights -- I work in a radio newsroom and don't get home until about 1 a.m and I get up with the kids in the morning to get them off to school. By the time the end of the week rolls around I am pretty tired. Today I decided I just needed a nap and so I hit the sack. I ended up sleeping the afternoon away and before I knew it it was time to pick up the girls from school. I didn't do any laundry, I didn't do the dishes, I didn't sort the receipts which was the main task for the day. The only thing that I got partially crossed of my list was to call the cell phone company to work out a phone plan that isn't going to cost too much money. It is one of the things that I want to tackle as part of my year to work smarter not harder -- getting more efficient with my money and getting money smart. I didn't pick a new plan but did start the process of finding another option.

I am a little bit irritated that I didn't get my tasks done today but am going to cut myself a little slack. I figure if I fell asleep it was because my body needed it. It is one of the other things that I need to learn to do this year -- listen to my body and stop pushing myself too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment