Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Searching for Inspiration or maybe Motivation

Do you ever feel like you have a lot to say but just can't find the time or the motivation to get it down on paper ( or blog)?

I have been feeling like that over the past week or so. I have lots of great ideas swirling around my head but just can't seem to find the motivation to actually sit down and get writing. There is so much I want to say. I am always amazed when I read other bloggers and see how much content they churn out on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. It is truly amazing.

I think sometimes I just get a little burnt out. I can sometimes do too much. I work five days a week in the evenings, I am home during the day catching up on housework, looking after kids and taking care of whatever freelance writing that I have on my desk at the time. There is so much that I would like to do ( or rather need to do) around the house, besides the day to day cleaning, like painting, organizing and creating an office space for myself and all the gardening.  There just never seems to be enough time in the day and then I guess that is where if find myself struggling for motivation.


The other thing that I find can be a motivation killer is social networks. It is an easy place to hang out when I want to procrastinate. I can talk with friends on twitter and facebook and before I know it 3 hours have gone by and it is time to pick up the kids from school. It is a love hate relationship with twitter and facebook. It is great to talk and network but it doesn't exactly help me get work done.

Many weeks ago I wrote about getting organized in an effort to work smarter, not harder. This month I am planning to revisit that plan. My main goal is to create a main floor office/work space for myself. Originally I had planned to make an office on the third floor but that is just not practical. It is quiet up there but I would not be able to keep my eye on the kids and work at the same time from upstairs so the logical place is on the main floor. I have a place in mind  but I just need to clean, declutter and organized before I can get it set up. I will update you as I go along.

The messy storage area that is soon to become my office. I hope it will be beautiful and functional soon.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I hear you loud and clear-I can totally relate. Looking forward to reading more on how you keep moving forward!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Carrie. It is always a work in progress...sometimes I stumble but hopefully get up and keep moving forward ( how ever slowly that is)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. it is amazing how messy that room looks when I see it in picture on my blog. Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You literally took the words right out of my mouth or...keyboard. I have a million blogs topics in my head at any given moment and I can't wait to sit down and write them down and then....I fall asleep or play with the kids or put on a load of laundry or...something. You're so right. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment