Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Be Kind to You!

 “You is kind. You is smart. You is important.”
Kathryn Stockett, The Help

 I watched the movie The Help the other night. There was many things that stood out for me but that quote was the biggest. It is all about how we treat ourselves, how we talk to ourselves, how we let that inner voice speak to us.

In the past I have let my inner voice be mean to me. I have allowed it to say negative things to me. Why? I am not sure why I would let it talk to me like that. I don't think I am alone here. I think we often have those inner conversations with ourselves that can be negative. We doubt ourselves and let that inner voice convince us of terrible things, like we aren't pretty enough, we aren't smart enough, we aren't important.  This goes along with my last post, Thoughts Have Power , what we think can change our moods, change how we feel, and even change how we decide to act. Thoughts do have power. That inner voice is all of those thoughts you have about yourself.

We need to love ourselves. If we want to give love to others we first need to love ourselves. If you bucket is full and overflowing then you have lots of love to give to others. That is why that quote struck me. These are just three of many words we should be saying to ourselves every single day.

There is a movement afoot about paying it forward or doing random acts of kindness. Well, how about start with you. Start by being kind to yourself. Do something good for you today and then you will be in the right frame of mind to give to others.

It have made the conscious decision to talk kindly to myself. To love everything I am. There is only one of me. I am unique, as are you! Only you can do what you do. You are kind, you are smart and you are important!

2 comments:

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment