Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Best Things in Life Are Free!

There is ultimate truth in that saying... THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE!

 Sounds too good to be true? Well, when you think about it, it is true. No seriously. Just hang with me here for a few minutes and you will agree with me.

I have been on a bit of a personal journey over the past year or so. You might have noticed if you have been reading my posts lately. And during the journey I have been reading a lot and thinking a lot.  I recently read a book by Mike Dooley called Choose Them Wisely. There was a moment in the book when Mike talks about the fact there are things in our lives that are free and those are the things we most often take for granted. It really struck a cord with me. I realized before starting on this journey I was often looking to things to make me happy. I was wanting to have the life others appeared to be living, and that included all the things they had in their possession, like cars, homes, clothes and vacations. I was taking for granted the things and blessings I already had in my life. So let's just look at things in your life and mine that are free.

FIVE THINGS IN MY LIFE & YOURS THAT ARE FREE!

1. Your Talents
Every single one of us has a talent. You might not think so but it is true. There is something you are good at. There is something that I am good at. Own that! I am good at writing. I am good at communicating. I am good at my job in news broadcasting. Those are my talents. They are mine, and mine alone. There is only one of me! I am unique and you are too and so are your talents. Believe it and be grateful for it. It is free!

2. Friends
Having friends doesn't cost a thing. Think about it. You have always had at least one friend in your life. When you were a kid you probably had lots of friends, friends in your class, friends in your neighbourhood. Maybe they weren't forever friends but more like in-this-moment friend but you had a least one friend to play with. True friends are there for you when you need them, they are great support, they are great sounding boards, they are great when you need to talk, need a baby sitter, or just to have fun.

3. Family
Family is a great support! They are like friends but even better. Your Mom and Dad, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandmothers, grandfathers; there is always one person in our families we connect with. Use that! It is something to be grateful for.

4. Time
Time is free. The best part about this one is that time is actually kind, every day we get the time to start fresh, start over, change things and move forward. Every day is a new day. We can use time to our advantage and it is free!

5. Your Imagination
Dreams baby! We all have them. This is so great because it is our imagination and our dreams that help build our lives. Dream big!


This is only a list of FIVE but the list is REALLY endless. There is so much in our lives that is free and help us lead more blissful lives. You don't need to go out there and spend a life savings to have a happy life. Use what is already in your life and the best part many of these things are FREE!














2 comments:

  1. Hey Christy! Great, inspiring post! It is so true that people often focus on $$$ - as you know from my recent post about a big job offer I got. But we must remember our priorities and our passions...like our dreams, family and friends. Thanks for sharing! Smiles....Lora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lora. I really appreciate your kind words. It is all about living a more prosperous life, how every you define that.

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment