Monday, January 16, 2012

Giving Opens the Door to Receiving

 I read something today that really struck a nerve with me....

Giving opens up the door to receiving. You have so many opportunities to give every day.
Give kind words. Give a smile. Give appreciation and love. Give compliments

How easy is that? I feel like we often think of giving in a momentary/financial way. While financial giving is important, I think the giving that is not financial can actually be the most meaningful and fulfilling. It doesn't take very much to give in a way that is simple, like offering a kind word, a shoulder to cry on, an understanding ear or a compliment. Those kind moments and gestures bring me the most joy and also offer the most joy, I believe.

Today I offered a smile to everyone I passed in the parking garage tunnel on my way to work. I said hello and smiled. I held the door for everyone I passed. Simple things but they can give so much to others. That is something worthy of the Bliss List...simple things done every day that bring Bliss to every one's lives.

What have you given to others today? What simple acts of Bliss have you offered to someone today?





5 comments:

  1. I love this post. It's so true...and everyone benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Victoria... you are so right. We all benefit...makes for a brighter and more blissful day for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent reminder. A smile can sometimes be the thing that grounds someone or help them out of a funk. I'm convinced there are always opportunities for kindness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday while in line at the grocery store waiting for my order to be scanned I turned around and helped the elderly lady behind me put her stuff on the counter. I never know how people are going to react when I do things like that but she was very positive and thankful and we had a nice chat:) AND I felt good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post. Since it's the start of the day (more or less) for me, I'll see how much giving I can do and try to make this day (and all the rest of them) meaningful.

    Thanks, Christy.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment