Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Ah-Ha Moment



So the other night I was driving home and thinking. I actually do some of my best thinking, my most creative thinking, while I am driving. I was thinking about when I have been really happy in my life. Not about what makes me happy but remembering back to when I felt at peace, felt happy and content. And I realized that it was a few years since I felt truly happy. And when I say that it isn't that I have been living a miserable existence. It is more that I think I have been doing what a lot of people do, going through the motions of life. I would get up in the morning, get the kids off to school, come home have breakfast, maybe do some house cleaning, some laundry, do some freelance writing, check twitter, check Facebook, check email, check twitter, check  Linkedin, check email, maybe make dinner, pick up the kids from school, go to work, come home and go to bed and then do it all again the very next day. There were days when I would do a few things different, like have coffee with a friend, one day a week I would teach at Sheridan College, and on the weekends I would take kids to dance, do more housework, and watch T.V.. Not that much different.

So I realized it was probably about 5 years ago when I remember not feeling stressed, or tense, or tired. I think when I was younger, during high school, university, college and even when I was first working professionally I was more optimistic and positive about life. I realize it really isn't about money or the stuff that I own, it is more than that. I have come to realize all those things will come when you are happy, grateful and full of positive energy. Good things will come when you change how you see the world.

Again, I don't want anyone to think that I was miserable with my life. I wasn't.I am not.  I was just not living in the magic of life. I was worrying about things that were a poor use of my energy. I wasn't living with an attitude of gratitude and not realizing the blessings of my life. And that takes you away from living a happy life.

Something else I have accepted about myself and am working hard to change is the negative voice in my head. In the past few years, I have grown to be very hard on myself and learned to talk to myself with a very negative voice. That can be very destructive. Don't Do IT!!!!!!

I have been going through a personal journey over the past year. I have been working hard to change how I see the world. Learning about the power of positive energy, about the law of attraction and when you are happy good things and good people come into your life. If you think it, it will happen. You need to tell the universe what you want, you need to ask for what you want and when you ask you will receive.

There is so much to be grateful for every single day. Live your life, live in the magic of life every day and you will have a healthy, happy and prosperous life.

5 comments:

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment