Thursday, January 24, 2013

Confessions of a Coffee Addict






So hear it is.... I have been addicted to coffee for years.

I have been using coffee to survive the difficult work schedule that I have. I have been using coffee as a way to survive my lack of balance when it comes to work and life. There are many days that I have only had coffee to drink... period. There have been days when I have had anywhere from 4 to 6 medium cups of coffee ( and let's face it, we are talking Tim Hortons medium coffee, so that really means a large). I have had so much coffee coursing through my veins I think it replaced my blood. Not really the healthiest diets. 

But that is now over!

I have made a choice to KICK the COFFEE HABIT!



Ya, you heard me. I said it!.

There are many of you out there that know me well know that sounds like crazy talk. I have long been in love with my coffee! My kids even know how I like to drink it and how I like to order it! ( Nice job girls. Well, it is true. I have cut back on my coffee consumption... drastically. So far this week I have only had three small coffees all this week. Yup, only 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hard to believe.

It wasn't something that I planned. It kind of just happened. You see my husband and I bought a juicer after watching the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. 


We decided we wanted to give a juice Reboot a try. Now I will be honest I wasn't sure that I could go juice only for five or ten days. I was right BUT I was juicing at least once a day ( my husband is only eating one meal a day and juicing all other meals). As part of the juicing regiment I gave up coffee. When I decided to do that it was hard but I had no idea how hard it would be those first few days. To be honest I felt like CRAP! I felt terrible last weekend. I had a terrible headache for two days and I was tired. I had no energy BUT that quickly changed. After coming out of the withdrawal fog of the weekend I started to feel GREAT! I mean really great. I was sleeping better than I had in years. Ya, years! I was waking up alert, not tired, not feeling drained. I was making it through the entire day without feeling totally drained. I didn't need a cup of coffee to stay wake while driving to work in the afternoon. I wasn't needing a coffee in the evening to stay awake.

I am now approaching a full week with very little coffee and I feel great. My mind is clearer than it has been in a long, long, long time. I am feeling great. I am feeling energetic, inspired and happy....and all without coffee coursing through my veins. Again, hard  to believe.

I never thought I could actually live without coffee. Strange as that sounds it is true. I depended on coffee to get through the day. I NEEDED coffee to get through the day... BUT NO MORE!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment