Monday, January 21, 2013

Motivation Monday: Blue Monday



So today is Blue Monday. The so called saddest day of the year


According to the TheStar.com the much-publicized formula behind Blue Monday is based on six factors such as weather (W), debt (d), time since Christmas (T), time since failing our new year’s resolutions (Q), low motivational levels (M) and feeling a need to take action (Na).
The man who created it back in 2005 says he did it for a travel agency who paid him the equivalent of $1900 Cdn. He says he had no idea that it would take off the way it has. Today, Dr. Cliff Arnall says he is much more interested in the study of happiness. 
Today, I have to be honest I am feeling pretty good, better than I have felt in a while really. We started juicing in our house this weekend and as part of the plan I have given up coffee ( at least for a few days). The weekend was hard. I was in serious caffeine withdrawal but I think the sacrifice is paying off. I didn't feel like I had a great sleep last night but still I am feeling good this morning. And that small success speaks volumes to me. We are finally starting to take care of ourselves in  our house. I am continuing my workout class with Sue Abel and TreadPowerfully. My husband and kids are embracing the juicing. It is exciting because it is improving their diet in a small way. Sure I would love the kids to actually eat their fruits and vegetables but juicing them is a good step toward a healthier lifestyle.
So today the motivation Monday message is to do something healthy for yourself...whether it be for your body, mind or spirit.  Take a walk, mediate, eat a healthy meal with your family, do something for yourself and your family today and that will help you stay motivated and kick those Monday blues!



1 comment:

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment