Friday, September 25, 2009

LIAR I SAY....LIAR!

So this was the year. Both my girls are in school. My oldest, Special K, is 6 and started grade 1 and my youngest, M & M, is 4 and started JK. So at least 2 days a week I have no kids at home. None. At. All. Can you smell it? That's the sweet smell of freedom. OK, I will admit it....I miss them when they are gone but just the thought of some time to myself again to do whatever I want is just too appealing (translation: clean the kitchen, the bathroom, do the laundry, vaccum, make dinner....oh and maybe find time to go to the bathroom by myself without having someone scream my name at the top of their lungs the minute I sit my ass down on the toilet). I was actually relishing the thought.

BUT.....

Since school has started way back on September 8th, my oldest daughter has had 4 sick days. Three of them this week. ( yes, that means I am very tired and kinda ready to pull my hair out. She is not the best patient but then again she is 6) And my youngest daughter has only gone to school three days so far because of some brilliant educators idea of gradual entry. What the heck is with that? They figure it's easier to drag it out over weeks. Wrong. It's torture. Every day waking up to hear you child say, "Is today the day I go to school? When am I going to start?" Heck, I want to know the same thing?

SO.........

Everyone said oh wait till you have both your girls in school you will have so much time to yourself. Well, so far that hasn't come true. I think in total I have had TWO days, that's right, TWO days.....COUNT EM! Two days without kids. OK, don't get me wrong those were two great days. The first day I got my hair cut, and then my husband and I went out to lunch. The first time in years that we have gone without kids. Just to show you that we rarely go out without the kids, when we got to the Suishi restaurant the hostess said..."Where are your girls today?" That says it all I think!

SO....

I say LIAR. There hasn't been all those days of freedom. OK, I know they are coming but I am inpatient. I think I have waited long enought. All I can say is thank goodness for a long school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment