Monday, April 19, 2010

GET THEM WORKING

So we have started giving our kids money for chores. I wasn't sure how I felt about it. I don't want my kids to think that they only clean up for money. I want them to feel that they always need to do their part to keep our house clean but money is great motivator.

We started small though, only 25 cents for a chore, like making their beds, putting their clothes away, or helping to clean the bathrooms. And so far it seems to be working and my kids love it. They are very proud of themselves when they finish a chore and show off their work before they get their money. We are not strict about the regiment or routine. We try to get some chores, like making their beds, done every day.


What do you think of paying children for chores? How old do you think children should be to start paying them an allowance for doing chores? When are they too young to ask them to help keep the house clean and tidy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...Please leave a comment